Being an entrepreneur requires commitment and determination. You face myriads of challenges, critics, pressures and risks. And that’s the short list. It takes fortitude.
Every once in awhile, a little pick-me-up can help you recharge your batteries and refocus on why you chose the life of an entrepreneur in the first place.
These 70 inspirational quotes are sure to lift your spirit as you forge your own trail, innovate and build a legacy. We hope they inspire your passion and help you refresh to press toward your goals.
70 Inspirational Quotes for Entrepreneurs
- A hard thing is done by figuring out how to start. ―Rand Fishkin
- Chase the vision, not the money; the money will end up following you. ―Tony Hsieh
- Don’t worry about failure; you only have to be right once.” ―Drew Houston
- Any time is a good time to start a company. ―Ron Conway
- Risk more than others think is safe. Dream more than others think is practical. ―Howard Schultz
- Far and away the best prize that life offers is the chance to work hard at work worth doing.—Theodore Roosevelt
- If passion drives you, let reason hold the reins. ―Benjamin Franklin
- They may forget what you said, but they will never forget how you made them feel. ―Carl W. Buechner
- You have to be burning with an idea, or a problem, or a wrong that you want to right. If you’re not passionate enough from the start, you’ll never stick it out. ―Steve Jobs
- It’s hard to beat a person who never gives up. ―Babe Ruth
- The people who get on in this world are the people who get up and look for the circumstances they want, and, if they can’t find them, make them.
―George Bernard Shaw
- There is no passion to be found playing small–in settling for a life that is less than the one you are capable of living. ―Nelson Mandela
- Develop a passion for learning. If you do, you will never cease to grow. ―Anthony J. D’Angelo
- Passion is energy. Feel the power that comes from focusing on what excites you. ―Oprah Winfrey
- Most people don’t recognize success because it usually comes dressed in overalls and looks a lot like work! ―Thomas Edison
- The way to get started is to quit talking and begin doing. ―Walt Disney
- It is obvious that we can no more explain a passion to a person who has never experienced it than we can explain light to the blind. ―T. S. Eliot
- Courage doesn’t always roar. Sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying, “I will try again tomorrow.” ―Mary Anne Radmacher
- I think everyone should experience defeat at least once during their career. You learn a lot from it. ―Lou Holtz
- If you have a passion for it, then stop wishing and just do it. ―Wanda Skyes
- I’d rather be a failure at something I love than a success at something I hate. ―George Burns
- It’s not about ideas. It’s about making ideas happen. ―Scott Belsky
- Don’t make decisions based on fear. ―Jake Nickell
- Build your own dreams, or someone else will hire you to build theirs. —Farrah Gray
- I have no special talents. I am only passionately curious. ―Albert Einstein
- I’ve been absolutely terrified every moment of my life and I’ve never let it keep me from doing a single thing that I wanted to do. —Georgia O’Keefe
- Have the end in mind and every day make sure your working towards it ―Ryan Allis
- Just don’t give up trying to do what you really want to do. Where there’s love and inspiration, I don’t think you can go wrong. —Ella Fitzgerald
- What’s money? A man is a success if he gets up in the morning and goes to bed at night and in between does what he wants to do. —Bob Dylan
- My best successes came on the heels of failures. ―Barbara Corcoran
- Choose a job you love, and you will never have to work a day in your life. ―Confucius
- You don’t learn to walk by following rules. You learn by doing and falling over. ―Richard Branson
- To be successful, the first thing to do is fall in love with your work.
―Sister Mary Lauretta
- One can never consent to creep when one feels the impulse to soar.
- You are what you do. If you do boring, stupid, monotonous work, chances
are you’ll end up boring, stupid, and monotonous.
- You manage things; you lead people. ―Grace Murray Hopper
- Watch, listen, and learn. You can’t know it all yourself. Anyone who thinks they do is destined for mediocrity.” ―Donald Trump
- Every great dream begins with a dreamer. Always remember, you have within you the strength, the patience, and the passion to reach for the stars to change the world. ―Harriet Tubman
- If your actions create a legacy that inspires others to dream more, learn more, do more and become more, then, you are an excellent leader. ―Dolly Parton
- We cannot be sure of having something to live for unless we are willing to die for it. ―Che Guavara
- I skate to where the puck is going to be, not where it has been. ―Wayne Gretzy
- In between goals is a thing called life, that has to be lived and enjoyed. ―Sid Caesar
- I believe you are your work. Don’t trade the stuff of your life, time, for nothing more than dollars. That’s a rotten bargain. ―Rita Mae Brown
- The way to achieve your own success is to be willing to help somebody else get it first. ―Iyanla Vanzant
- I learned to always take on things I’d never done before. Growth and comfort do not coexist. ―Virginia Rometty
- Make no little plans; they have no magic to stir men’s blood . . . Make big plans; aim high in hope and work. ―Daniel Burnham, (1846 – 1912)
- Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. ―Margaret Mead
- You can’t depend on your eyes when your imagination is out of focus.
- I don’t have big ideas. I sometimes have small ideas, which seem to work out. ―Matt Mullenweg
- There’s nothing in the middle of the road but yellow stripes and dead armadillos. ―Jim Hightower
- Never say anything about yourself you do not want to come true. ―Brian Tracy
- Courage is fear that has said its prayers and decided to go forward anyway. ―Joyce Meyer
- If people knew how hard I worked to get my mastery, it wouldn’t seem so wonderful after all.
- High expectations are the key to everything. ―Sam Walton
- My mother said to me, “If you become a soldier, you’ll be a general, if you become a monk you’ll end up as the pope.” Instead, I became a painter and wound up as Picasso.
- Passion will move men beyond themselves, beyond their shortcomings, beyond their failures. ―Joseph Campbell
- Desire! That’s the one secret of every man’s career. Not education. Not being born with hidden talents. Desire.
― Bobby Unser
- Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be.
- Wonder what your customer really wants? Ask. Don’t tell.” ―Lisa Stone
- We either make ourselves miserable, or we make ourselves strong. The amount of work is the same.
- People with clear, written goals, accomplish far more in a shorter period of time than people without them could ever imagine.
- A lot of fellows nowadays have a B.A., M.D., or Ph.D. Unfortunately, they don’t have a J.O.B.
- I like work; it fascinates me. I can sit and look at it for hours. ―Jerome K. Jerome
- When you’re following your energy and doing what you want all the time, the distinction between work and play dissolves. ―Shakti Gawain
- When everything seems to be going against you, remember that the airplane takes off against the wind, not with it. ―Henry Ford
- Ideas are easy. Implementation is hard. ―Guy Kawasaki
- The best time to plant a tree was 20 years ago. The second best time is now. ―Chinese proverb
- Strategic leaders must not get consumed by the operational and tactical side of their work. They have a duty to find time to shape the future.” ―Stephanie S. Mead
- Life is not always a matter of holding good cards, but sometimes playing a poor hand well.” ―Jack London
- Too many people want the appearance of winning rather than the practices and hard work that create a true champion. ―T.D. Jakes
Now GO GET ‘EM!